Monday, September 3, 2012

The Gift That Wasn't


I attended a beautiful wedding at the beginning of August for the daughter of some dear friends. Now I almost always give handcrafted gifts...I just don't like the whole gift registry thing. I know it is convenient, but I like to try and come up with something that will touch the person it is for. Although we all have the need for a toaster, there isn't really anything touching about it.


Well, knowing that this particular young lady had planned her entire wedding using Pinterest ideas bathed in burlap, canvas and moss I knew exactly what to make her.
I had seen somewhere in blog land a set of pillows that simply read "Mr. & Mrs."made from purlap and painters cloth. Perfect I thought, and knowing her since she was a wee girl I knew they would touch her heart.


I think it was June when I began my planning...and on August 1st I realized that procrastination had gotten the best of me. I had them cut out and ready to go, but never quite got there. What to do with only a day to go? A VISA gift card, very impersonal in my opinion. I'm sure it will be put to good use, but I feel like I gave in. What is it with me, I put so much pressure on myself sometimes.


Needless to say the point of this post is to say I finally finished them...on August 25th. A little to late for the wedding, but still beautiful none the less. They are for sale at the shop and I am hoping that someone else thinks they will make the perfect gift for there someone special.




Linking up with these lovely ladies:






Furniture Feature FridaysPhotobucket



Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special











giveaways











vif187






The Shabby Nest




French Country Cottage





































































7 comments:

Hassan Ashraf said...

What a nice idea. As a teacher I have never gotten such a thing and I know your child's teacher will be very touched. Teachers usually get most supplies needed or will buy them or have specific things in mind that may be hard to know. If there are elem. age kids then crayons, coloured pencils, erasers, pencils, little sharpeners, prizes for the kids such as stickers or other little things are always needed and used
christmas gifts

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Oh dear Carrie... they would have made a perfect wedding gift too. Hope you sell them in your shop because they really are lovely.
Thank you for sharing at Shabbilicious Friday.

Beth said...

I have been wanting to make a picture frame with this on it for our bedroom. I bet the bride would have still loved to receive them, even though they would have been late.

I'm also a huge procrastinator! I think I just have great intentions & not much more... LOL!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

They are adorable, maybe for their first anniversary if they don't sell!!??

Carol

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

So lovely~ Thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

jennyfer black said...

Its all beautiful. I love those frames and It's so unique. Thanks for sharing. God bless you.

Wedding Videography Perth

Jo Jo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.