Monday, December 5, 2011

Oui, Oui!

I really should be outside painting furniture so I'll  have some back-up in the event that something sells in my booth, but the darn weather is sooo cold. I paint in our garage and the one little heater we have just doesn't cut it when it's hovering in the mid 20's...BRRRR!


I wanted to share with you this petite little dresser I acquired awhile back at the end of an estate sale. I found this and another beautiful serpentine dresser there, both for a steal. It was missing the original mirror and I thought maybe I could find a replacement, but I saw them everywhere until I was looking for one. Isn't that how it always goes? I opted to finish it without and hang onto the curvy bracket for another project and another day.


 This was a bugger to cover...the reddish stain kept bleeding through, even with a coat of primer. It took me three coats to get it looking the way I wanted. My chocolate lab, Bodie sat at my side hour after hour giving me that "are we done yet?" look until finally, it worked.


 I used a yummy aqua paint in my oops collection and some french inspired postcard paper to cover the top two drawers. They have the original skeleton key locks...minus the key.
I distressed the edges, aged them with my friend Kiwi (aka: brown shoe polish) and finished it off with a coat of clear wax. I added dainty little brushed nickel knobs. Isn't she just the cutest little thing?



In "The Roost", bad lighting and all!

Linking up to these lovely ladies:
                                                       http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

                                                     http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Tam said...

Nice job & the paper drawer fronts look awesome. Great piece!

Kahli said...

Ooh I love it and the paper drawers on the front. Not to mention that adorable dog!

Cindi @ Rustique Art said...

It's awesome, wish it were mine. The post cards are the defining touch, for me anyway. And Bodie is a doll! I have a Chocolate Lab too and he follows me everywhere too, even the bathroom! (geesh) Followed over from Savvy Southern Style.

Blessings,
Cindi

Debbi said...

Hi Carrie...it's me surfacing for air,finally getting back to blogging..that last show was hoarding my time. Wow you have been busy girlfriend! I love every piece you have redone!
Guess we are meeting up for lunch in Silverton on the 15th, so bring pics of your booth or post them here, I can't wait to see...actually I just need to drive up there to see in person, but will be spring when I can drag the other half with me so we can do some estate sale hunting along the way....ttyl

High Street Cottage said...

Such a pretty dresser! You did a wonderful job!
You're cordially invited also to enter my giveaway! 3 winners will be announced so I hope you'll stop by my blog for a bit of fun, hugs, tami

The Midwest Cottage said...

I love how you added the paper on the top drawer. Your booth looks dreamy. Thanks for sharing. Stop by to see me sometime. I am a new follower.

Unknown said...

I love it! The postcard paper drawer front's are awesome. Did you layer them yourself or is it a big roll of paper? I want to try decopauging the fronts of some of my pieces, but I havent really done much of it.

Unknown said...

LOVE THE REDO. I'd love to feature it if that would be ok with you just let me know
lauren